The Leadership Mission
To promote overall leadership development in Holmes County.
1. To provide leadership training to a wide range of individuals.
2. To increase the number of leaders in business, community, and government.
3. To increase citizen's awareness of Holmes County resources, challenges, and opportunities.
4. To promote networking among Holmes County leaders.
The Program . Leadership Holmes County is conducted by individuals experienced in leadership development. Local leaders of business, industry, nonprofit organizations and government will participate as mentors or guest speakers. Class formats include lectures, group discussions, field trips and projects. The book 21 Irrefutable Laws Of Leadership by John Maxwell is a textbook for the class. Classes run from September through May and generally include eight day-long sessions and conclude with a banquet to honor the participants and their sponsors.
A joint project of the Holmes County Chamber of Commerce and the Ohio State University Extension, Holmes County, 165 N. Washington St. Millersburg, OH 44654 Phone: 330-674-3015
The Participants A class of 15-18 people will be selected each year. Candidates must complete and submit and application with nominations encouraged by employers and peers. The deadline for submission is usually mid August. An effort will be made to select a group with a balance of ages, gender, occupations, interests and place of residence. Candidates should have:
- A demonstrated commitment to the community
- An interest in assuming greater responsibility
- The intention to remain in the County
- The full support of their employer
- The ability to attend all sessions
Can't access PDF's? Click to download Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader.
Funding and Tuition
Tuition is $500 and can be paid by the employer or the applicant (minimum 10% of fee must be paid by the applicant). Candidates may apply for a scholarship by submitting a letter to the Leadership Holmes County Steering Committee.
- All Members Alpahbetically
- Advertising Agencies
- Agriculture / Farm Services
- Attractions / Museums
- Auto Dealers
- Banking / Investments
- Communications / Computers
- Community / Government
- Construction / Building Supplies
- Furniture Makers
- Furniture Retailers
- Health Care
- Printing / Publications
- Web Design
Leadership Holmes County is a dynamic, yearly program that seeks to increase the number of leaders in Holmes County through leadership training and skills development.
How your business or organization can benefit
Every business or organization needs leaders to help them grow and meet the demands of the future.
- Sponsoring an employee gives them the confidence to take on new challenges in your organization.
- Employees who participate in the program develop an active network of other leaders in the community.
- Participants have a mentor who helps them continue to develop their leadership skills even after graduation from the program.
Leadership Holmes County provides long term benefits to the entire community through developing leaders who understand the complexities and challenges of the county's infrastructure.